8.28.2007

August 28, 2007 - A Few Nice Days

Well, this is frustrating.  I wrote out a nice post and lost the document without saving.  Here are some bullet points:

*  We easily finished 2nd in our first heat and move on to face Brazil, Russia, Germany, Italy, and Japen in Thursday's semifinal round at 2:00 PM Germany time.  It will be a tough race, but we should be able to claim one of the top 3 spots and advance to the finals.

*  Today we went into the actual city for the morning.  It was awesome.  I had a chocolate mousse tort and a bratwurst.  It was very authentic and very delicious.

*  One of the LW's from the senior team got me a uni that actually fits.  The XL that I had was way too big and looked pretty silly on me.  Thanks a ton to Greg Ruckman!

*  All of our boats advanced out of the first heats.  Laura made it into the finals wtih a tremendous effort in today's reppechage round.  She got 2nd place by 0.28 seconds.  Also, Kendra won the erg race set up for the spare rowers from all the adaptive teams.  It was her first ever 1k on the erg, so we were very proud.

*  I'm glad to be here, but also very ready to come home.