8.26.2007

August 26, 2007 - Last Practice


First things first, our opening race is set to launch tomorrow at 3:20 PM Germany time, which is 9:20 AM EST.  As I said before, we have 3 other boats in our heat: Israel, Canada, and Korea.  We’ve got to beat 1 of them to advance directly to the semifinal round.

Our last row through today went well.  We did a dress rehearsal with a true start and sprint and a light row through the middle.  I think we are feeling smooth and strong, so I’m excited to get it on tomorrow.

Everyone should be glad to know that, once again, I am still blind.  I had to be reclassified by a FISA doctor today.  He said that I have a textbook case of RP and that they could use a picture of my eyes for medical students.  I was very proud.

Actually, classifications turned out to be a major pain for Aerial.  She had to remove her opaque contact lenses so the doctor could look into her eyes.  Light causes her to get terrible migraines.  The afternoon row for her, then, was very uncomfortable.  We are all crossing our fingers that she will feel better tomorrow.

There’s nothing else to report.  T-23.5 hours to race number 1 of, ideally, 3.  Keep us in your prayers and wish us luck.