8.24.2007

Watching Races

For anyone wanting to watch the race action, there are a few options.

www.rowersworld.com is supposed to be carrying free live coverage.  I have not investigated myself, but our team boat man, Jeff, says it works.  Look for links to the FISA World Championships and the event called the "LTA 4+."

Ryan's dad, Carl, gave me the following link.  It will take you to a site where you can pay a monthly subscription fee, about $5, to watch the races.  The subscription can be canceled after the championships are over.  One advantage of this site is that the races are archived so you don't have to watch them at awkward hours.

http://web.wcsn.com/sport/index.jsp?id=34017

There are 15 boats in our event this year, so we will have heats, semi-finals, and finals.  Our first heat is Monday, competition yet to be determined.  I don't know the exact progression, but our next race will not be until Wednesday or Thursday.  I'll try to send out updates once I know the real schedule.