7.17.2006

July 17, 2006 - Notes on the Go

Free wireless access at the airport? Brilliant! Upon arriving at Port Columbus International airport this morning, I realized that my flight out to Philadelphia is scheduled to leave at 11:00 AM, not 10:00 AM, so, seeing as I arrived at 9:00 AM, I have a few minutes to kill.
It’s time to get down to the good stuff: the business of actually rowing out on the water. This morning I’ll fly up to Philadelphia where our team director Isabel will pick me up and drive me down to Princeton for a week rowing with Jesse. After that, Jesse and I will go up to Philadelphia for another week with the full team. I’m really looking forward to it. It will be nice to row together without any question marks about who will actually be in the boat and with Karen’s undivided attention. I just hope that my body feels good and strong and that the ankle doesn’t cause me any trouble.
At this moment, I feel like a symbol of modern technology. I have my cell phone, my iPOD, my wirelessly connected laptop, and airplanes all within my immediate surroundings. If only I’d stopped at Starbucks on the way in I could be a real modern traveling man.
Other than the excitement of free wireless at the airport, there really isn’t much to report. I’m sure I’ll have tons to write once I’ve gotten to drool over Princeton’s immense and immaculate facilities. It should be a blast.