6.14.2006

The Quest

During the week of August 20-27, 2006, many of the world’s best rowers will come together in Eton, England to compete on behalf of their countries. Unbelievably, I will be among those wearing the red, white, and blue and representing the United States as part of US Rowings first ever National Adaptive Team. However, this is just the first step on what is to be, I hope, a very long journey ending on the medal stand in Beijing, China, the site of the 2008 Paralympics.
For the sake of you, my friends, and all those who have served as motivators, encouragers, supporters, and counselors, I have decided to keep an account of my quest to win the first Paralympic gold awarded in the sport of rowing. I hope that you will enjoy reading along and feel free to contact me often.

Make it count,
Jamie